Monday, February 9, 2009

I've lost my taste for chocolate

I have something to confess. I've got a bun in the oven and I've lost my taste for chocolate.

I used to eat at least a piece of chocolate every day. In fact, sometimes I wasn't able to last until I got home and I'd go to the vending machine at my workplace to buy a chocolate bar. Other times, I'd eat a piece of chocolate as I cooked dinner.

I didn't realize it at the time, but soon after starting this blog, I became pregnant.


Now, though, I realize in looking over my past blog posts that not only have I lost my taste for chocolate, I've been reaching, more and more, for butterscotch and caramel.


And my cravings are reflected in my postings, from butterscotch pudding to sticky toffee pudding to Bahama Mama banana rum cake, it's become evident that my taste buds are yearning for stronger flavours, rich with depth and intensity. Chocolate? Is barely anywhere to be found.


That's not all. On certain days, I can barely stand the sight of chicken and favour vegetarian recipes instead. And I can't get enough savoury foods like couscous, shrimp, apples, milk, cheese.


One thing I know for sure, this baby is going to eat well.

No comments: